Straight from the South Seas

Straight from the South Seas
Retired Expat living the Philippines

Augustus Summerfield Merrimon

This Blog is dedicated to my great-great-grand uncle who was a Democratic US Senator from the state of North Carolina between 1873 and 1879.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

LISA MARIE PRESLEY! SPEAKS ON JACKSONs DEATH!

true emotions are never estranged!

Should people doubt the way she honestly feels?

LISA MARIE PRESLEY, the daughter of music legend ELVIS PRESLEY, was married to the late King of Pop MICHAEL JACKSON for a litte less than two years in the mid-1990s.

Given that the marriage took place shortly after Jackson stood accused of child molestation, many speculated that the marriage was a publicity stunt. Lisa Marie, who starred in Jackson’s video for his hit “You Are Not Alone,” has taken to her blog to write about her relationship with the troubled icon, a man she says she loved very much.She revealed that Jackson felt certain he would die in much the same way Lisa Marie’s father did – surrounded by crowds, news helicopters, and picture flashes. She wrote on MySpace:“Years ago Michael and I were having a deep conversation about life in general.I can’t recall the exact subject matter but he may have been questioning me about the circumstances of my Fathers Death.At some point he paused, he stared at me very intensely and he stated with an almost calm certainty, “I am afraid that I am going to end up like him, the way he did.”I promptly tried to deter him from the idea, at which point he just shrugged his shoulders and nodded almost matter of fact as if to let me know, he knew what he knew and that was kind of that.14 years later I am sitting here watching on the news an ambulance leaves the driveway of his home, the big gates, the crowds outside the gates, the coverage, the crowds outside the hospital, the Cause of death and what may have led up to it and the memory of this conversation hit me, as did the unstoppable tears.A predicted ending by him, by loved ones and by me, but what I didn’t predict was how much it was going to hurt when it finally happened.The person I failed to help is being transferred right now to the LA County Coroners office for his Autopsy.All of my indifference and detachment that I worked so hard to achieve over the years has just gone into the bowels of hell and right now I am gutted.”She went on to write about their “unusual relationship,” in which she tried very hard to “save him.” She admits having been angry about their divorce, but insists, “Any ill experience or words I have felt towards him in the past has just died inside of me along with him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment