Straight from the South Seas

Straight from the South Seas
Retired Expat living the Philippines

Augustus Summerfield Merrimon

This Blog is dedicated to my great-great-grand uncle who was a Democratic US Senator from the state of North Carolina between 1873 and 1879.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Man fires pepper spray on protesters

What exactly is one's belief that leads them to a funeral to protest? How many other funerals were that day? What of those families and their right to return their loved one to the earth. Protest is a fashion statement these days. Our troops follow orders, bad or otherwise. There is nothing that can justify a protest at a funeral. Those people should have been arrested for disturbing the peace.

I can't believe this ! I looked around as I am amazed at what people will do these days. I am glad from what I can tell no kids were hurt. I see the pros and cons from each side because of what this church stands for. I am not all for wars but I think that the dying soldiers deserve some more dignity. Hopefully everyone fully recovers from this incident and hopefully the "church members" think twice about making noise where there should be silence and respect. Very bad situation all the way around.
Go To Man fires pepper spray on protesters

No comments:

Post a Comment