Straight from the South Seas

Straight from the South Seas
Retired Expat living the Philippines

Augustus Summerfield Merrimon

This Blog is dedicated to my great-great-grand uncle who was a Democratic US Senator from the state of North Carolina between 1873 and 1879.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Doused a fire with a giant bucket of water

This morning I awoke feeling like Conan the Barbarian with a big S taped to my chest then I realized I was trapped in a 74 year old body. God I needed to laugh. Awaking to my laughter my wife turned in bed in the meantime I can't help myself and let go again. No I wasn’t dreaming I was plain ass happy to be next to my wife here in Danao. Worried Beng ask me was I in trouble? I gave her some halfhearted excuse and she probably thought her old Kano was momentary mad and then she sighed and then going back to sleep. Or maybe she thought my mind was cluttered with some dreams of a neurotic nymphomaniac I knew back in my younger days. NO, I was happy.

Beng is darn smart I have to tell you guys. Junior and I are at loggerheads most the time lately. Whenever we’re playing 20 questions, such as; why weren’t you on time for dinner or where have you been? You guys know what it is like dealing with a 15 year old teenager. Well, don’t you? When we’re finished playing our 20 question game of cat and mouse my adolescence son and I generally end up being pissed off at each other. It’s sort like banging my head against a stone wall. My smart and very patience wife explained to me extremely carefully so I wouldn’t feel like a like a complete idiot, whenever Junior speaks he mumbles and me I am almost stone deaf – it’s like two guys walking through a minefield. WE HAVE NO COMMUNCATION. After Beng told me this bit inform I felt as if I had just been doused with a giant bucket of water. Then her shoulders relaxed and she smiled like Gwyneth Paltrow does in the movies.

It Takes a Village (Hardcover) 

No comments:

Post a Comment