Straight from the South Seas

Straight from the South Seas
Retired Expat living the Philippines

Augustus Summerfield Merrimon

This Blog is dedicated to my great-great-grand uncle who was a Democratic US Senator from the state of North Carolina between 1873 and 1879.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Joe DiMaggio where have you gone?

























I remember in my boyhood I collected baseball cards of Joe DiMaggio and all the baseball heroes of that day. I carefully stored my treasure collection in a shoe box under my bed. As we readied to move from Salem, Oregon to Seattle, Washington and then one day after school I discovered it was gone! It was no longer under my bed's hiding place! My treasure collection had been given to the son of a neighbor. Oh, Joe DiMaggio where have you gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment