Straight from the South Seas

Straight from the South Seas
Retired Expat living the Philippines

Augustus Summerfield Merrimon

This Blog is dedicated to my great-great-grand uncle who was a Democratic US Senator from the state of North Carolina between 1873 and 1879.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Off on a Tangent

Have you guys ever seen a whole bunch of monkeys masturbating? Sometimes I think to myself why did move to third world country and retire. I think I need my head examined as all the madness races though my mind. It’s like having chicken pox and you can’t reach the itch to scratch or a contagious disease. And at other times I’d like to be my Dad who used to throw rocks at cars parked in front of his house. For the past few months inevitably we seem to be experiencing brownouts almost daily without any good reason that can be explained. THE ELECTRIC COMPANY SCREWS ITS CUSTOMERS ONCE AGAIN. I’m thinking to myself - bullshit here we go again! I clench my jaw… the ridiculous Electric Company strikes again. I live in fear every day for a life without air conditioning four to eight hours. Without the air con running and bathing me in cool air... most days I spend the entire time hot and instantly become sweaty and grumpy, ah yes sometimes neurotic. And suddenly I go off on a wild tangent as I become more difficult to live with and my ever patience wife who is filled with fortitude will tilt her head just like Samuel L. Jackson and then she gives me her laser stare just like her Mother "Mama Vera." Without any doubt she instills me that old feeling, "I'm trouble in trouble." In the middle of all the chaos she has my full attention. And then suddenly I hear a click and once again I feel the rush of cold air bathing my body. I'm backing to my fumbling Barney Fife self again.

Today after breakfast my headed off in the direction of Cebu the cloud of exhaust to play BINGO for a few hectic hours. She and her sister Neng-Neng just love to play BINGO both are like two serious stock brokers when they arrive at the SM mall’s Bingo Parlor. I don’t know what I’d do if she ever won the big jackpot. I think her favorite pastime is chatting with her friends from the four corners of the world Facebook. Ah yes, at times she’s chatting with old friends living now in the States, Hong Kong, Australia or somewhere in between. Ah yes, I forgot to say Canada. Ah yes once again, she loves hearing the fogs singing at bedtime every night. Me, I happy they’re eating that damn mosquitoes.

I spend much of the day yesterday adding and updating my sponsor and merchant list for the simple reason - my family has food to eat. My wife Beng and our son Junior give me the strength and motivation to continue working my butt off.

Heels.com - Free 2nd Day Shipping


Take advantage of the End of Summer Sale going on NOW at Heels.com! Great shoes on sale from Jessica Simpson, L.A.M.B., Guess, and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment