Straight from the South Seas

Straight from the South Seas
Retired Expat living the Philippines

Augustus Summerfield Merrimon

This Blog is dedicated to my great-great-grand uncle who was a Democratic US Senator from the state of North Carolina between 1873 and 1879.

Monday, June 15, 2009

Please God let this be a dream

This place was not a place I wanted to be and again I prayed “Please God let this be a dream.” And once yet again I was answered by silence. As I finally realized I was not in a dream but on the contrary somehow or someway I crossed from my world to another universe – an alternate universe. It had to be the answer I admitted to myself! While the new day approached I glanced out a thick glass porthole to the outside. The scene outside appeared as normal as everyday back home yet it was in some ways it wasn’t. There was something different I couldn’t put my finger on. The morning light came through the was thick glass wall portholes and within a few minutes my eyes adjusted to the day light I then began to inspected my surroundings – the place seemed to be some sort ancient military bunker that had built by humans. (To my untrained eye it looked like it had been.) I blinked my eyes and collected my thoughts with a shrug I looked out the nearest porthole window and saw what appeared to be woman but something was wrong in the way she walked. As I studied and watched she wasn’t totally human, scratched my head and I wondered if mankind had genetically re-engineered a virus and it had spread worldwide and had infected the human race. (See the picture on this post.) And perhaps the experiment had terrible gone wrong. My first thought was separate from the feelings in my chest and stomach; it was the observation of her anomalies – she like a beautiful creature. Shock comes with my recognition that this woman with a human face yet different and the way she carried herself she had a mind behind it. With her churning movements, the articulations of her graceful walk she turns and stares at my porthole and me. Aware she being watched she then rose from her walk with her rippling attractively cat like patterned skin and scampered in giant leaps to the nearby forest. Was I scared you might ask. Yes, I was darn right frightened and terrified out of my wits. All I wanted to do was be back in my comfortable bed. But that was not to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment